Updated: Jan 30, 2020
Moving day is approaching! Do you need moving help?! Talk to your Enhanced Benefits Group Consultant; we work with moving and storage partners that offer exclusive discounts!
4 Weeks Before Move 1. Talk to your Enhanced Benefits Consultant regarding moving services.
2. Research your new community. Plan a visit and get to know your new surroundings. What amenities are close by? You can also refer to our online relocation guide for community information:
3. Change your address.
4. Make any travel arrangements where you will need an airline, train, hotel, bus or car rental. 5. Research the area into which you will be moving for clubs, civic organizations and churches, so that you can change your membership.
6. Contact medical and dental offices to receive records, asking these professionals for referrals and continuing prescriptions.Establish a new checking account if necessary.
7. Research local laws about home-based businesses and business licenses if you own or operate your own business.
8. Arrange for your pets to be transported.Use up or finish and discard household items so that there is less to pack and move. Two Weeks Before Move 1. Forward your magazines and other subscriptions to the new address.
2. Contact all utilities and change services to your new address.
3. Confirm all travel reservations you have made are in order.
4. Pack a moving suitcase so you are not searching through boxes for something clean to wear. 5. Keep important documents and valuables close at hand during the move.
7. Prepare for the move of any infant or small children. 8. Review your insurance policy for coverage during your move.
9. Provide relatives with your travel information.
Moving Day Has Arrived 1. Do a final walk through of the home to make sure all of your belongings have been removed.
2. Be sure to take control of all personal items that are valuable or important to you during the move.